TACHYON 1024 microCamera
Compact uncooled linescan MWIR camera, IP-67 rated, with industrial M12 USB connector and frame rate up to 1000 images per second. TACHYON 1024 microCamera is miniaturized size, based in SWaP-C concept to ensure a perfect integration into the production process.
The performance achieved with the high-speed infrared cameras from New Infrared Technologies allow the real-time monitoring of laser welding processes. The mechanical couple of the compact uncooled linescan MWIR camera directly to the laser head makes possible to observe on-axis the melt-pool area, as well as the dynamical behavior of the process.An analysis of such images provide real-time defect detection capabilities, such as: lack of penetration, false friends, holes or pores, among others. The technology is valid for CO2, Nd:YAG, diode and Yb:YAG lasers.
The Compact uncooled linescan MWIR from NIT allow a direct integration into the welding head and therefore a direct observation of the melt-pool area with a very high temporal accuracy while the process is being performed. This allows the complete recording of all the information associated to the welding defects. As the technology is based in uncooled sensors, the deployments costs are lower compared to other laser welding process monitoring systems, making the technology suitable for the Industry 4.0 and zero-defect quality standards, and allowing a process optimization.
Optimized size and affordable cost to ensure a perfect integration in the production process: priced for cost sensitive machine vision applications!
- Miniaturized uncooled infrared MWIR camera for industrial applications
- Band of detection: MWIR (1 – 5 microns)
- Peak wavelength of detection: 3.7 microns
- FPA resolution: 32×32 (1024 pixels)
- Shutter incorporated for 1-pt offset correction
- Integration time: adjustment via software (100 – 500 us)
- Maximum frame rate: 1000 Hz (slower rates are possible)
- Global-shutter (snapshot) image acquisition
- Electrical interface: USB powered, industrial M12 mini-USB connector in the back (optional: connector in the bottom part)
- Communication interface: USB 2.0, high-speed (up to 480 Mbps)
- Data transmission: raw data, 10 bits
- Lens: f=24 mm, F#1.2, FoV 10.2ºx10.2º (IP67-rated)
- Optional lens: f=48 mm, F#1.6, FoV 5.1ºx5.1º (IP67-rated)
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Dimensions (in mm): 98.0 (L) x 49.5 (W) x 61.0 (H) (connector in the back)
- Weight: 250 grams
- Minimum temperature of detection: 100 ºC
- IP67-rated metal housing with CS-mount optics interface
- Water-block and DLC coating for harsh environment
- Software included: NIT SOFTWARE SUITE (Acquisition and visualization SW)
- DLL for custom software development available
Manufacturer’s website: https://www.niteurope.com/en/
For more MWIR cameras: https://www.axiomoptics.com/scientific-industrial-cameras/#mwir-cameras