eSWIR camera C-RED 2-ER uses an extended ingaas sensor with 3 characteristics:
- fast framing (600Hz full frame) with high sensitivity (60 e- of readout noise)
- Imaging with high QE from. 1.3to 2.2µm
Low noise eSWIR camera
C-RED2 ER extended rangeInGaAs integrates a top of the art InGaAs sensor, able to detect wavelength ranges between 1.4 and 2.1 μm with more than 70% Quantum Efficiency. It integrates a VGA (640X512) 15μm pixel pitch and 9.60 X 7.68 mm array with 2 levels of gain.
For such spectral range, background emission (thermal emission) requires cooling of the sensor to limit background noise which would otherwise fill the well with noise and thus make the camera unusable. C-RED2-ER extended InGaAs camera uses water cooling to operate the sensor at -55ºC for optimal dark current.
Learn more about extended range ingaas
High speed camera
CL or USB 3?
C-RED 2 ER extended InGaAs camera uses the Camera Link® Full interface. This protocol requires 2 data cables.
The camera has been developed and tested with specific grabbers for which a full SDK + GUI are provided:
- Matrox Radient (ev-CL)
- Teledyne Dalsa (Xcelera-CL + PX8 Full)
- ETD (VisionLink F4)
C-RED 2 ER extended SWIR camera can also work with USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface(USB-C connector). In this configuration, C-RED 2 ER extended ingaas camera is detected as a composite USB device (control + acquisition interface).
Readout Modes and Integration Times:
The acquisition speed can be set from 0.01 to 600 fps, the integration time can be set from 20μs to ~1/fps.
Different available Readout Modes:
- Single Read: The entire frame is read before a reset period (with CDS)
- Integrated Multiple Readout (IMRO): he user must specify a number of multiple non-destructive reads which corresponds to a number of frames that are read and delivered at a selected speed. It’s a burst mode.
Cropping and Windowing:
It is possible to select one region of interest and acquire datas from this ROI only, column granularity is 32 and rows granularity is 4. Speed increases with read array reduction
Learn more about SWIR applications
Also see C-RED 2 ER 1.9µm with high QE between 1.1 µm to 1.9µm,