Alvium SWIR cameras support a spectral range from 400 nm to 1700 nm at high quantum efficiencies. This allows to capture images in both the visible and SWIR spectra with a single camera and enables users to reduce overall system costs.
Equipped with Sony’s IMX990 and IMX991 SenSWIR InGaAs sensors, Alvium SWIR cameras deliver high image quality and frame rates at small Size, light Weight, and low Power consumption, including low Cost (SWaP+C). This makes them well suited for drones or handheld devices used in various industries such as, agriculture, mining, solar cell inspection or medical.
Our compact and light-weight Alvium SWIR cameras are the ideal choice to build cost-effective OEM systems used in embedded and machine vision applications. Thereby, the industrial grade Alvium SWIR cameras and drivers provide a plug & play feeling whenever setting up your system solution.
Alvium GigE, 5GigE, and USB cameras can be easily integrated into embedded systems with Allied Vision’s next generation Vimba X SDK, a fully GenICam-compliant platform-independent SDK for all Allied Vision cameras with GigE, 5GigE and USB3 Vision Interface.
GenICam-based Transport Layers support the Alvium cameras and can automatically connect them to third-party software solutions such as MATLAB, OpenCV, Halcon, CVB, and many more.
To operate Alvium CSI-2 cameras on your vision system, Allied Vision provides different access modes:
- GenICam for CSI-2 Access controls the camera by GenICam features, using the Alvium CSI-2 driver and CSI-2 transport layer (TL) directly.
- Direct Register Access (DRA) to control the cameras via registers for advanced users.
- Video4Linux2 Access allows to control the cameras via established V4L2 API and applications like GStreamer and OpenCV.
Alvim SWIR benefits at a glance:
- Small size, low weight, power, and costs enable you to build SWaPc solutions:
- Compact housing with small WxH footprint of 29mm x 29mm
- Bare-board and open-housing options for very compact system designs
- Low power consumption <2W ideal for battery powered system
- Innovative digital InGaAs sensors with the industry‘s smallest pixels and a high-precision sensor alignment at production time provide you great image quality, which will increase the accuracy of your inspection system
- High frame rates and flexible ROI control options empower you to speed up processes on-demand
- On-board Automatic Gain Control (AGC) and Contrast Control will enhance your vision quality under challenging conditions, like: 24h day & night imaging or when seeing through dust or haze
- A wide operating temperature range and on-board temperature monitoring secure you a reliable operation under diverse conditions
Features of Alvium 1800 SWIR cameras:
- Resolutions: up to 1.3 megapixels
- Sensor: Innovative Sony SenSWIR InGaAs sensors supporting a wide spectral range from 400 nm to 1700 nm
- Frame rates: up to 223 frames per second
- Housing options: Bare Board, Open Housing, or Closed Housing
- Lens mount options: C-Mount, CS-Mount, or S-Mount
- Power consumption: <2W
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +65°C (case temperature)
For cooled version, see Goldeye SWIR G-130 and G-030 cameras.
To learn more about SWIR applications, visit our application page here.
ALVIUM® is a powerful, energy-efficient processor including an Image Signal Processor (ISP) and an Image Processing Library (IPL). It allows image corrections and pre-processing on the camera to optimize image quality and throughput for your application while offloading your CPUs on the embedded system.