Optical Tweezers for Mechanobiology with SENSOCELL
Impetux is a worldwide key supplier of turnkey optical tweezers systems designed for mechanobiology studies in living cells and 3D tissues.
Mechanobiology is a growing topic that is bound to have a great impact on diverse research fields like cancer, morphogenesis, immunology or regenerative medicine. The optical tweezers platform SENSOCELL enables outstanding and unprecedented optical trapping experiences for those researchers exploring new ways to boost their research:
- Perform multiple optical trapping experiments with simultaneous force measurements and active/passive micro-rheology tests inside living cells or 3D tissues.
- Manipulate individual cells or cell organelles like nuclei, membranes or other native structures while tracking the forces involved in a non-invasive way.
The worldwide patented technology not only allows measuring rheological properties and forces where others cannot but also gives unprecedented ease of use of optical tweezers for cell mechanics studies.
SENSOCELL – Optical tweezers for mechanobiology
SENSOCELL is an add-on instrument for Nikon inverted microscopes. It can be either installed on a preexisting microscope or offered by us in an integrated platform including a new Nikon Ti-2 inverted microscope. The optical tweezers platform is composed by:
- An optical manipulation module allowing optical trapping and manipulation of multiple microscopic samples.
- A force sensor module allowing simultaneous & direct measurement of the exerted optical trapping forces.
- A rack mount case with all electronics and a single-frequency laser source (5W, 1064 nm).
SENSOCELL optical tweezers also comes with LightAce, its powerful, flexible and user-friendly control software suite featuring:
- Extensive control over multiple simultaneous traps.
- Force & position real time data analysis for multiple traps.
- Predefined and customizable automated routines for cell mechanobiology applications.
- The possibility of creating your own routines using a simple and flexible macro language.
The SENSOCELL optical tweezers’ compact and robust module was conceived as a satellite instrument for Nikon inverted optical microscopes. Enclosed into a high-quality aluminum box and assembled onto the microscope body, its design minimizes the impact of any instabilities of the optical table and assures the maximum mechanical stability of the system and lowest drift.
- Generation and manipulation of multiple simultaneous traps (up to 256 traps).
- Optimized optical design for an excellent trapping efficiency.
- Based on acousto-optic deflection technology.
- Ultra-stable low noise infrared laser for biological compatibility included (1064 nm, 5W power and <0.3% long term power fluctuations).
- Compatible with different imaging techniques including BrightField, epi-FL, DIC, TIRF or Confocal microscopy
To discover our microscopy product line, click here.
To visit the manufacturer’s website Impetux, click here.