Time-Resolved Intensified Camera Attachment
The TRiCATT is a compact lens-coupled image intensifier for scientific and industrial applications that require
- Low-light level imaging
- Ultra-short exposures through fast gating, and/or
- Frequency-domain imaging using lock-in detection.
The TRiCATT features an 18 or 25 mm image intensifier with a highly efficient relay lens that can be matched to any CCD or CMOS camera, resulting in a flexible solution that can easily be integrated in an existing imaging system. The TRiCATT (Time Resolved intensified Camera Attachment) is the best choice for ultra-fast imaging in the time domain and/ or frequency domain. With a wide range of Gen II and Gen III image intensifiers, the TRiCATT offers high sensitivity down to single photon level and the optimal spectral bandwidth for your application. Different models covering a range in spectral sensitivity, phosphor, spatial resolution, gain, linearity, minimum gate width and gating frequency are available.
For time-domain imaging the intensifier is equipped with a fast gate unit (TRiCATT G40n/G2n) that enables the intensifier to operate as an electro-optical shutter. The gate unit can be operated up to repetition rates of up to 2.5 MHz in burst. A series of different intensifier control units provide functionality ranging from analog gain control to full digital control including an internal trigger generator and programmable gate trains. For frequency-domain imaging the TRiCATT M supports gain modulation of 120 MHz (standard) and higher (external signal generator). Modulation is provided by a single-chip digital synthesizer to ensure an extremely low phase noise.
Any camera with C-mount and a 1/2″, 2/3″, or 1″ image sensor is compatible with the TRiCATT. You can find the right TRiCATT for your camera with the interactive calculator.
- High resolution image intensifiers: Gen II and Gen III image intensifiers offering the world’s highest resolution and sensitivity in the UV, visible or near infrared.
- Small gate widths: Gate width down to less than 3 ns (FWHM) with minimal jitter.
- High gate repetition rates: Up to 300 kHz / 2.5 MHz burst.
- Compact design: For an easy fit to your imaging or spectroscopy setup.
- Overexposure protection: User-definable current limitation and optional shutter.
- Easy coupling: Efficient lens coupling to any CCD and CMOS camera (up to 500 fps) with C-mount input and output.
- Automatic Day/Night Operation: The TRiCATT G can be supplied with automatic gain and gating control enabling 24 hours day/night operation.
- Relay Lens: The high quality relay lens transfers the intensified image to the image sensor of the attached camera very efficiently and without losses in resolution. If required we can provide the 0.5x relay lens with a back focal distance of 13 mm.
- Camera: Along with the Image Intensifier TRiCATT Lambert Instruments can deliver different types of CCD and CMOS cameras. If you already have a camera, use the interactive calculator to determine which intensifier size and relay optics are best suited for your setup.
Axiom Optics offers three uv lenses with 28, 45, and 100 mm focal length from CERCO that have been designed for video cameras with image intensifier working with UV light. These UV lenses are usable from ultraviolet to near infrared without focusing adjustment. Two types are proposed: standard multicoated type, optimized from 240 nm to 410 nm wavelength range, and uncoated type, usable from 190 nm to 900 nm. Visit the downloads tab for more information on these lenses.
For more intensified cameras and attachments: https://www.axiomoptics.com/scientific-industrial-cameras/#intensified-cameras