MicAO 3DSR is an adaptive optics microscopy add-on specifically designed for single molecule localization microscopy (SMLM) methods such as photoactivation localization microscopy (PALM), stochastic optical reconstruction microscopy (STORM) and single particle tracking (SPT). The high optical transmission of MicAO 3DSR and its ability to correct aberrations enables the detection of more photons from the sample, which, in turn, increases localization precision (resolution) of SMLM methods. Moreover, the MicAO 3DSR single molecule localization add-on can introduce aberration-free astigmatism for the most precise 3D SMLM imaging. Excellent temporal stability of the deformable mirror in an open-loop mode allows long-term image sequence acquisitions which is required by the SMLM methods.
MicAO 3DSR device has been developed for an easy implementation on any inverted-frame microscope. The device is simply inserted between the microscope side port and the imaging camera, and functions as an image relay, still allowing for the use of additional modules such as dual color view devices and microscope port splitters.
The MicAO 3DSR adaptive optics add-on is delivered with user friendly software which contains all the necessary tools for detection and correction of aberrations in biological samples.
For the integration of Adaptive Optics on an inverted frame microscope, MicAO 3DSR adaptive optics add-on is the perfect solution. For custom setups, Imagine Optic offers a set of separate Adaptive Optics components: AOKit Bio (Mirao 52e deformable mirror, HASO4 First Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensor and adaptive optics software), which facilitates the design and implementation of your own setup.
– Photoactivation localization microscopy (PALM)
– Stochastic optical reconstruction microscopy (STORM)
– Single particle tracking (SPT)
– Corrects aberrations and restores diffraction-limited PSF
– Delivers best 2D and 3D localization precision for PALM/STORM imaging
– Doubles the number of detected photons and improves localization precision
– High temporal stability of the correction
A UNIQUE SET OF ADVANTAGES
- Correct aberrations and restore diffraction-limited PSF.
- This aberration correction technique delivers the best 2D and 3D localization precision for PALM/STORM imaging.
- Double the amount of detected photons and improve localization precision.
- Enables single molecule imaging deep in biological samples.
- Compatible with 60x and 100x objective lenses and FOVs of most sCMOS cameras.
- Stable wavefront for >12 hours and dayto-day PSF reproducibility.
- Optical bypass option available.
- High optical transmission in the visible wavelength range.
- Device is also available for infrared spectral range.
- MicAO adaptive optics software includes aberration detection methods and correction models.